Thursday, August 21, 2008

Homemade Carrot Muffins - Recipe

I was inspired by the lovely and mouth watering pastries at San's Blessed Moments that I decided to expand my culinary skills to baking too. For a start, I decided to try something relative simple. I went to Video Jug for ideas and come up with my own recipe for carrot muffins. After all, I have lots of carrots in the kitchen so why not.

Here are the ingredients that were used:
  • 130ml corn oil
  • 190g castor sugar
  • 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
  • 21og plain flour
  • 1 1/4 tbp bicarbonate of soda
  • 1/2 tbp salt
  • 200g grated carrots
  • 1 green apple grated
  • 50g sultanas (optional)
  • 35g walnuts, toasted and chopped coarsely (optional)

To bake, please find the instructions below:

  1. Position rack in centre of the oven and preheat to 190 C. Grease the standard muffin baking tray.
  2. Combine sugar, corn oil and eggs in large mixing bowl. Stir in sifted flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Mix well to combine with a spoon. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir well to blend.
  3. Divide batter onto the muffin baking tray and bake for 20-30 minutes. Turn muffins onto rack to cool. Serve warm.

I wasn't sure if this endeavour would work so I decided to scale back on baking on a large scale. The batter would just enough for 7 muffins. I also reduce the amount of sugar as I don't like anything too sweet.



Fresh and warm lovely muffins just out of the oven. I'm the proud owner of these muffins!



Try this recipe. It's simple and taste simply wonderful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee.. thanks for the compliment. Hope my yummy photos will continue to inspire you :D

CRIZ LAI said...

Wow... great job there. I always like mine with walnuts.. hehe. So when will you be making pumpkin walnut muffins? :P

http://crizfood.blogspot.com/

Andrew said...

laihooisan - do continue with more posting. cant wait to get more inspired!

criz lai - hehehe. I like mine too with walnuts and extra raisins. Wont be too long before I start with pumpkin walnut muffin. Enjoying every bit of baking now :)